The Café is a learning environment for all students involved. The following is a guideline that will be incorporated into learning about how a Café is run.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Working as part of our customer-facing team you will ensure high quality and great value
- Food and drink are prepared and served to café customers from a clean, safe, and welcoming environment.
- Be a positive role model and engage with fellow students and parents who don’t necessarily use the café, encouraging them to come in and try something.
- Preparing and serving food, making coffee and tea and collecting money.
- Ensuring the café is fully stocked and can meet the menu at all times, notifying the Adult supervisor or kitchen staff of any shortage.
- Clean the café areas, inside and outside and ensure they are safe and hygienic at all times.
- Check that all café facilities, equipment or furnishings are in good order and to report any damage.
- Follow the operating plan, ensuring correct opening and closing times and setting up and clearing down as required.
- Assist with preparing food, ensuring these are ready on time.
- Ensuring the completion of daily financial paperwork and cash handling and that all expenditure is covered by an invoice or receipt.
- Welcome anyone who enters the Café area when you are on shift.
- Uphold the highest standards of health and safety, cleanliness and professionalism when you are on duty.
- Act as a role model for young people, inspiring them to engage in the services and understand and appreciate the practicalities of running a café.
Enrollment of 6 learners max
Material/Supply fee $75
Teacher: Diana Granger
Offered Class Period 2 (11am)